About Philanthropy and Involvement at White Plains Hospital
Since 1893, White Plains Hospital has been raising the bar for exceptional health care, providing advanced services, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art medical technology, all within a uniquely warm and nurturing environment.
There are many ways to contribute and become involved with the Hospital. Donors and volunteers become an integral part of the White Plains Hospital family and share in our commitment to providing first-class care for patients their loved ones every day.
We rely on the commitment and ongoing support of our donors to help us remain at the forefront of cutting edge care.
Our dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers help us uphold a tradition of personalized care and compassion for each and every patient and visitor who enters our Hospital.
Some examples of what the generosity of contributions have allowed us to do include:
- Adding 24 brand-new private patient rooms and six labor & delivery rooms to the William and Sylvia Silberstein Neonatal & Maternity Center
- Building five new Operating Rooms, all including the latest technology and robotic-assisted da Vinci Surgical Systems, and a new Central Sterile area
- Expanding and renovating the Center for Cancer Care, including the addition of a new six-story tower, enabling us to provide comprehensive cancer care under one roof
- Offering advanced cardiac facilities, including two Cardiac Catheterization Labs with non-invasive testing
- Creating a new arrival experience with new lobby, café, gift shop, and bridge to parking garage
- Renovating and expanding the Hospital cafeteria
- Building the expanded Flanzer Center for Emergencies and Critical Care, now double the size of the former emergency room (ER)
- Establishing the Caregivers Support Program, which provides a place to for physical and mental respite for caregivers and features computers, resources and a team of experienced volunteers to provide guidance and support.
- Continuing our Nursing Apprenticeship Program